What does a Senior Accountant do?
A Senior Accountant performs the basic accounting job functions but with higher decision-making and problem-solving requirements. They will be directly involved in all system transaction processing including account reconciliations, payroll, inventory, fixed assets, liabilities and general ledger accounting.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly reporting package to summarize results.
- Oversee monthly close process, which includes preparing and posting entries to the general ledger and preparation of account reconciliations.
- Ensures effective collections of all Accounts Receivable.
- Creates and encodes customer/vendor/employee-related transactions as needed.
- Creates and compiles information for the forecasting/budgeting process.
- Prepares actual forecast/budget variance analysis and works with the Controller to optimize results.
- Interacts with customers and vendors to resolve complaints and concerns.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements.
- Represents the company in handling day-to-day banking, licensing, and general compliance matters.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Analytical capacity and large picture view.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Looking for a Senior Accountant? As committed partners in recruiting, we can help refine job descriptions and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as a Senior Accountant? View open positions here.