What does a Construction Executive do?
A Construction Executive is responsible for the overall construction function of a company. They will supervise project teams, manage budgets and adherence to deadlines, communicate with clients and stakeholders, as well as develop relationships with vendors and partner businesses.
The Construction Executive will perform more of a construction manager function, supervising projects and also lead teams that are working directly at a project site. The executive may communicate with clients and vendors on a regular basis to ensure that all aspects of a project meet the expectations of the client, necessary in fulfilling the contract.
Construction Executive Responsibilities
Construction Executive Qualifications
Complete understanding of the construction process, including cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, and engineering is required.
- Knowledge of contract risk management, as well as client-contract requirements and sub contractor requirements.
- Experience working with local municipalities, inspectors, utility providers and officials.
- Ability to read and understand Construction Documents such as blue prints, scopes of work, schedules, specifications, safety manuals etc.
- Familiarity with Change Orders, Purchase Orders, Variance Purchase Orders.
- Fundamental knowledge of labor laws and regulatory compliance
- Experience with basic MS Office Suite, email, and internet, and proficiency using scheduling and project management software.
Are you seeking for a Construction Executive for your company or building project? As construction recruiters, we can help you refine your Construction Executive job description and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you seeking employment as a Construction Executive? View open positions here.