What does an Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist do?
The Accounts Receivable Specialists ensures that all incoming payments are received and processed.
The AR Specialist communicates with customers regarding past due invoices and may assist in maintaining general ledger, various accounting statements.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities
- Inputs cash receipts.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Invoices for division.
- Monitors accounts receivable aging for problems. Uses analysis to prepare and maintain problem list report and distributes report to sales personnel as needed.
- Makes customer collection calls regarding past due invoices, overpayments, short pays, and repays.
- Prepares short pay forms, assists in resolving short pay, and records properly approved receivable adjustments.
- Provides proof-of-delivery for shortage claims as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounts Receivable Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years’ previous accounting experience
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work on-time.
- Strong organization and communication skills, customer service, and results orientation.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and collaborative member of a professional team.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
Is your company looking for an Accounts Payable? As construction recruiters, we can help you refine your Controller job description and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as an Accounts Payable? View open positions here.