What does a Business Development Executive do?
A Business Development Executive supports the company in driving business. They are responsible for attracting new clients by expanding the company’s network. They are also expected to conduct research within the industry to learn new market opportunities and to aid in making sales projections and forecasting revenues.
A successful Business Development Executive is expected to create development plans, in line with the company’s goals and perform intensive networking efforts in order to gain insights from the industry for opportunities. They will also be responsible for preparing presentations to new and existing clients, bringing in new construction projects, and working closely with the Preconstruction and Project Management teams to determine the timeline and cost of potential future projects.
Business Development Executive Responsibilities
- Perform research and client contact to identify and prioritize potential markets and customers.
- Assist in the development of company marketing plans and goals, and in developing a strategy for client contacts regarding new work, contract negotiation, and future work potential.
- Read, analyze and interpret documents such as requests for proposals (RFP), requests for qualifications (RFQ), owner contracts, and project manuals.
- Nurture and grow existing and new business relationships within the construction and real estate industries.
- Engage and strategize with the leadership team to drive revenue.
- Research and acquire appropriate resources to assist with the completion of projects.
Business Development Executive Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Demonstrate expertise (either through internships or work experience) in commercial projects (i.e. tenant improvements, multi-family & multi-use, corporate & institutional structures).
- Excellent communications skills required for interaction with vendors, designers, consultants, and clients.
- Self-motivated, energetic, possess excellent relationship-building skills and ability to conduct oneself with professionalism and discretion.
- Knowledge and experience with growing business technology, policies, and procedures to maximize the efficiency and profitability of all business processes.
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally.
Are you seeking for a Business Development Executive for your company or building project? As construction recruiters, we can help you refine your Business Development Executive job description and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you seeking employment as a Business Development Executive? View open positions here.