ROLE HYBRID: Recruiter and HR Generalist
As the construction industry continues to grow, companies are blending duties and roles based on the business needs – in this example, looking for individuals who can fulfill both Recruiter and HR Generalist roles. This hybrid role is increasingly necessary given the current size and structure of many construction-related companies. Companies may no longer have the resources or personnel to separate recruiting and HR tasks, necessitating a single individual that can manage both areas.
RECRUITING and HR – Hybrid role
As a hybrid role, this position requires a unique set of skills that combine recruiting and HR generalist duties. The ideal candidate is self-driven and flexible, able to thrive in an ambiguous environment while delivering great results. They should also have strong relationship building skills, as recruiting success depends on developing relationships with hiring managers and construction professionals.
The ideal candidate will possess a mix of construction industry experience and HR knowledge. They should have the ability to recruit construction-related roles, as well as handle a variety of HR functions such as onboarding, performance management, compensation and benefit administration, employee relations and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
In this role, they will be responsible for the full life cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new employees.
As an HR Generalist
In charge of recruiting and retaining talent for construction business, and responsible for recruiting construction professionals across all levels, from entry-level to executive roles. As such, you must possess strong relationship building skills and the ability to effectively source candidates that fit the role profile. In addition, you must have a good understanding of the construction industry and construction roles.
Deep knowledge of HR policies and processes in order to manage the onboarding, training, compensation and benefits for construction professionals. The HR professional will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with construction professionals.
The Recruiter/HR Generalist role is an increasingly necessary hybrid role for construction related companies that require a single individual to manage recruitment and HR duties.
As a Recruiter
Recruiters are valuable to the construction business as they enable companies to discover the right talent, reducing time-to-hire and associated recruitment costs. By identifying suitable construction professionals, recruiters can ensure businesses have access to a strong pipeline of construction personnel. Additionally, this person provides HR support across the construction business, assisting with the onboarding and orientation of construction personnel.
To successfully recruit construction talent, a recruiter must be knowledgeable about construction industry trends and understand construction roles. They need to be able to develop networks with construction professionals and leverage their expertise to find the best candidates for specific construction positions. Additionally, recruiters must have excellent communication skills to effectively engage construction professionals and understand their needs.
By having these qualities, the construction recruiter can play a pivotal role in driving construction business success and ensuring that construction companies have access to top talent. With their strong relationship building skills and understanding of construction services, recruiters can ensure that construction businesses are prepared for long-term success.
RECRUITING FOR THIS ROLE
The successful candidate for this role will have the ability to effectively build relationships with colleagues and clients alike. They will also possess exceptional communication skills with the capability to work in an ambiguous environment that demands flexibility.
KEY RECRUITER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns end-to-end recruiting responsibilities
- Screen, qualify, and interview potential candidates via telephone interviews.
- Generate a pipeline of candidates’ key positions.
- Use honed sourcing strategies to provide candidate lists for specific positions.
- Provide a high-touch experience through initial screening, and interviewing.
- Manage the entire recruiting life cycle from candidate generation through direct sourcing, interviewing, checking references, job file maintenance, offer extension, and closing candidates.
- Experience and use of creative search methods such as niche/industry websites, social networking, and LinkedIn
- Proven experience and ability to headhunt passive and semi-passive candidates, including currently employed and unemployed candidates with highly relevant prior experience.
KEY HR GENERALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the daily coordination and administration of HR activities.
- Manages onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Develops understanding of construction personnel needs and develops plans to address them.
- Advises construction personnel on HR policies, procedures, and processes.
- Investigates construction personnel complaints and recommends corrective measures.
- Maintains construction personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Organizes training programs for construction personnel.
- Provides guidance to construction personnel on benefits plans, compensation packages, and work-life balance initiatives.
- Monitors HR metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Assists construction personnel in resolving work-related problems.
- Participates in construction personnel related projects as needed.
- Ensures compliance with labor laws, regulations and policies.
- Provides HR guidance to construction managers and supervisors as needed.
With the right construction recruiter in place, businesses can be assured access to the best talent to help them in the growth of their business.
construction recruiters and HR generalists can play a crucial role in construction businesses. They need to have the right skills and experience in construction services as well as excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.