Being able to control the narrative around your brand helps you maintain credibility among potential customers, but it also attracts prospects who could become great employees. Positive reviews, recommendations, and feedback from existing employees are key components of a successful ORM strategy that can help influence candidate decisions when they are considering your employment opportunities.
WHAT IS ORM? Online Reputation Management
Online reputation management (ORM) is the process of monitoring and shaping public perception of an organization or individual by managing how information appears online. In today’s digital age, ORM can be used to create positive relationships with customers and boost long-term success for businesses. It also plays an important role in recruitment as it provides job seekers with insight into a company’s culture, values, and overall reputation.
ORM and RECRUITING
Employers must also take into consideration the more negative aspects of their company’s online presence. Unflattering articles or posts about an organization can make it difficult to convince quality job applicants to join their ranks if its brand image is less than stellar. Employers should remain vigilant about any inaccuracies about their business that could surface online and take action to address any negative press quickly and effectively before it has a major impact on recruitment efforts.
PROACTIVE ORM MANAGEMENT
Businesses can proactively protect their online presence through ORM tactics such as creating content on popular social media sites like Twitter or LinkedIn that showcases positive elements of the company story and accomplishments over time. Responding promptly and professionally to candidate and client inquiries or complaints will help demonstrate a company’s commitment to excellent service while reinforcing its dedication to uphold high standards both internally and externally.
ORM Strategies Examples
- Create and share content on social media that showcases the company’s values, culture, and positive stories.
- Engage with customers or prospects by responding promptly to inquiries or complaints.
- Monitor online conversations about your brand and taking action to address any inaccuracies quickly and effectively before they have a major impact on
ORM is not only used by employers to create a positive online presence. Candidates often use ORM tactics to evaluate an employer based on the type of content they are producing and the way they interact with current employees or customers. This allows job seekers to gain insight into a company’s culture, values, and overall reputation before deciding whether to apply.
CANDIDATE REVIEW OF ONLINE CONTENT
When searching for information about potential employers, candidates look for the following five key points:
- Company Reviews: Online reviews and feedback from existing employees or customers that can give insights into a potential employer’s culture and values. This can help paint a picture of what it would be like to work at the company and help decide if the organization is the right fit.
- Professional Website: When job seekers are deciding which company to apply for, they pay attention to the organization’s website. A site that is well-maintained and displays updated contact information as well as current open positions can showcase the employer’s investment in representing company opportunities.
- Social Media Presence: Social media provides a platform for employers to showcase their brand in a positive light while offering potential applicants a glimpse into the organization’s corporate culture and mission. Candidates often take time to review the content posted on social media sites like Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn in order to get a better idea of company style.
- Transparency Around Policies & Practices: An employer’s transparency around its policies and practices ensures that future employees will know what is expected of them when joining the organization, setting clear expectations from the start of any employment relationship.
- Responsiveness & Support: Prospective hires keep an eye out for how responsive employers are to customer inquiries or complaints as this could indicate how supportive they are when it comes to helping their staff succeed in their roles.
Evaluating these factors can help jobseekers make more informed decisions about where they choose to work as well as ensure that they end up with an employer who truly has their best interests at heart!
Online reputation management (ORM) is an important part of building a strong brand identity and ensuring long-term success for businesses. It also plays an important role in recruitment as it provides job seekers with insights into a company’s culture, values, and overall reputation.
By implementing proactive ORM tactics such as responding promptly to client inquiries and feedback, developing a strong web presence, and creating content that showcases the company in a positive light, employers can ensure that their online reputation is attractive to prospective hires. Taking the time to review these key points when searching for an employer can also help jobseekers make more informed decisions about their future employment.